AboveNet and Ciena helped a leading U.S. healthcare organization open up access to world-class medical research data.
The ability to share and exchange research data is a core function for one of the leading healthcare research organizations in the U.S. Growth—in the volume of research information and the demand to make that information available to medical institutions around the U.S. and beyond—drove the organization to transform the way it manages its data. With a new, high-performance network developed and managed by AboveNet and Ciena, the organization has improved access to and sharing of medical research and made its network infrastructure much more cost-effective.
- Increasing demand to share research data nationally
- Need to implement new disaster recovery and SAN facilities
- Ciena’s ActivSpan 4200 Advanced Services Platform
- AboveNet fiber optic network
- AboveNet Managed Service
- Improves access to and sharing of important medical research
- Cuts time to deliver new services from months to days
- Improves cost-effectiveness of network infrastructure investment
- Significantly increases ability to change and enhance network performance and capabilities