LinkedIn continues to grow into a robust social network that can be leveraged for lead generation and lead nurturing. LinkedIn is connecting business professionals from all over the world in nearly every industry, and those that take advantage of its potential watch their network grow, increase company awareness and drive leads.
Many telecom agents only see LinkedIn as a way to connect with people they already interact with in their network. They often overlook the true potential found within LinkedIn that can help grow their business, create more leads and position them as an online leader within the telecom industry.
By spending a small amount of time each week in LinkedIn and committing to growing their presence on LinkedIn, telecom agents can do a lot more than simply add people they already know to their professional network.
Here are five tips on how to optimize LinkedIn for lead generation:
- Update your personal and company’s statuses with announcements and industry news to attract followers
- Add keywords and phrases that represent the telecom industry, products and services to optimize your pages for SEO
- Add each of your products and services and ask your network for recommendations for each one on your company page
- Create a LinkedIn Group to start discussions around the telecom industry’s hot topics, create polls, and post company career openings
- Integrate LinkedIn within everything you do – your website, e-mail newsletters, blog, etc.
By following these five steps, your presence on LinkedIn will grow significantly and can turn followers into brand advocates, which can position your company to appear when a prospective buyer is searching for the products and services your company offers.
What are you doing to increase awareness on LinkedIn? Anything you want to add? Please share your comments below.
- Use replies, mentions and retweets to communicate with other Twitter users within the telecom industry.
- Discuss industry trends – be a thought leader in the telecom space.
- #hashtag words common to the telecom industry, such as #voip and #cloud. Twitter users can access your profile when searching for these terms.
- Be personal – Facebook is less of a professional network and more of a social network, use it as such.
- Allow people to contact you through Facebook for sales inquiries.
- Create Facebook Events to invite your visitors to open houses, lunch & learns, and product demos.
- Use your page to post updates, blog posts and industry news
- Leverage the “Answers” section to ask and answer questions related to the telecom industry – the person asking might be looking for services
- Build your network by asking for endorsements and introductions. This adds credibility and can spark introductions.
Looking to do more with less? Aren’t we all. In an era where time is money and a call lost is a lost opportunity, as telecom agents, you are all looking for ways to capitalize on the here and now. With so many high-tech marketing tools available at our fingertips, what gets you the biggest bang for your buck?
Fall brings with it color changes, cooler weather and new beginnings. Kids everywhere are excited for a fresh start as they head into a new school year full of opportunity. For those of us beyond school years and deep into third quarter numbers it is important to remember that it is never too late for a fresh start, especially when it comes to gearing up our social media efforts.
Social media is no longer a thing of the future; it has emerged as a practical strategy for Telecom Agents to bridge the gap between themselves and their customers. New communication mediums do present new obstacles and Telecom Agents are challenged today to properly use social media to promote products and services and interact with customers using social media. Here are 3 steps to follow when leveraging this medium:
- Solicit feedback: By soliciting feedback and suggestions from your customers and prospects via blogs, tweets or updates through Facebook or LinkedIn you have an informal way to collect information on the needs and wants of your network.
- Educate: With the ever-evolving technologies in the telecom space, keeping your network current and armed with the latest information is a challenge. Harness the power of social media by educating your customers with the latest trends and products available.
- Be open and honest: Social media provides you with a way to communicate honestly about your ideas, successes and on occasion deficiencies. Your network will appreciate the level of intimacy in your communications, which will in turn help build trust and loyalty.
Don’t hesitate to solicit feedback and educate your customers through social media. Your open and honest approach will encourage loyalty, a key to your success. Head into fall with a new outlook and a refreshed social media strategy, it is never too late to get back to basics.
What social media basics are you using? Do you have any other social media tips you would like to contribute? Please share your comments below.