As telecom sales agents, you understand the importance of an effective Internet presence. There are many different avenues a business can take when looking to expand their Internet presence, each offering a unique set of characteristics. With the launch of Google Plus in the summer of 2011, and the Business page platform in November, Google entered the social media market hoping to attract businesses to their site.
A Google Plus business page for your telecom business has many unique features that can be beneficial if you are looking to extend your social media reach.
- Search Engine Optimization - Using calculations derived from all +1 button clicks, Google will use this sum to help determine relevancy in Google search results. The overall number of +1 clicks will help to raise your profile during a Google search. Google search statistics show that most users tend to click on results with relevancy that place them near the top of the list. Users don’t tend to scroll through and open links several pages into the result list. Using SEO strategies, such as +1 clicks, will help to boost your search relevancy.
- Circles - Business page users can opt to group followers into specific categories or defined audiences. This allows users to create marketing to reach a specific audience and more precisely match the message to potential customers.
- Multiple classifications for businesses - Businesses can choose to be classified as a local business or places; arts, entertainment, or sports; company, institution, or organization; product or brand, or other. These categories allow users to search by business categories and allows business page users to clearly communicate the type of business they are promoting.
- Hangouts – You can "hang out" with followers through an embedded video chat. This could be a valuable resource for customer service and real time communication. Businesses could invite followers to a web chat on Google+ that further clarifies a product’s marketing or the business message.
- Enhanced features for local pages - With the aid of Google Maps, creating and maintaining a local page allows businesses to further enhance their Internet visibility. Local pages, managed separately from Business pages, include a map that clearly highlights the business’ contact information, hours, and other relevant details. The difference between the two pages is that a local page helps customers connect directly with a local business and the business page provides the same business owners with an avenue for promoting customer engagement, interaction, and building loyalty. If the majority of your telecom customers are local, this may be a very valuable option for you.
Ready to get started? Here’s a great video tutorial on how to set up your Google+ business page.